Friday, January 18, 2013

Cass is back as Black Bat (on a sketch trading card)

And you can read all about it (and see it) on this DC Women Kicking Ass post, "New Batman Trading Card Series Now Available."

As you can see, the card itself is pretty nifty work.  You don't have a lot of space on a card, so you have to make what little you have count.  This artist has.

The only sketch card I've ever owned came out of an Indiana Jones Masterpiece set a few years back when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out.  If I remember correctly, it depicted Indy's dad, Dr. Henry Jones, Sr.  I can't remember the artist's name, but the likeness was quite accurate and I admired it a lot.

I still own that card, so if you're an artist who drew Sean Connery for that set, one of your cards has made it all the way to Japan!

Probably won't get a Cass Cain Black Bat card, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment